Why Facebook shifted their notification bar? ~ Hackinthus

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Why Facebook shifted their notification bar?


By Sukesh Kumar(facebook)(twitter)




How many of you have noticed a shift in their notification bar from left-to-right? 




Yes, Facebook has shifted the position of their notification bar and according to what we have heard, the reason behind this move is actually quiet logical.
According to a report by Techcrunch , Facebook wants user to focus more on the right-hand side of the site where we get to see birthdays, events  and the very important advertisements . As far as we think, Facebook want users to focus on the ads as users completely neglect the right-hand side of their profile, being busy in checking out the posts and notification on the left.
   
   


As a regular facebook user, I am always used to guide my cursor to the left for checking out my notifications and now i feel it really irritating when I have to re-direct to right. It would have been better if they would have released it as a user-deciding option.
Many of my mates were actually annoyed with this change and one of them even updated his status saying :

" Notifications on RIGHT!!! Oh god!! Dead End!! :@"

Facebook has confirmed that this is indeed a test and I am one of them experiencing the change.
Are you getting this change on your profile? 
Let us know in the comments.

(Via - Techcrunch)

You can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep yourself updated.



5 comments:

I got it today, and I HATE HATE HATE it!!!!!

I have that i got it about a month ago, i don't like it, its irritating.

Me too! I feel something older than this update was somewhat far better than just circling about the notifications bar!

i am getting irritation why the hell facebook annoys us like this.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More